Sometimes, it may seem like the holiday season is all about buying presents. In past years, you may have spent hours roaming the department store or shopping online, trying to find just the right gadget or trinket for every one of your friends and family members. And choosing a good gift can be a major challenge, as you probably know from the times that you yourself have unwrapped a present, thanked the gift-giver, and also wondered, in the back of your mind, “What am I ever going to do with this?”
When it comes to holiday gift-giving, everyone knows that it’s the thought that counts…but the truth is that the recipient tends to be a lot more grateful when they are given a gift they can actually use. This holiday season, there’s been a lot of buzz about gifting experiences, rather than buying people material objects. To put it simply, people are realizing that experiences have as much — or even more — value than the coolest new toys or the latest gadgets on the market.
If the recent trend toward gifting experiences has caught your attention, you may want to consider giving the gift of massage this holiday season. By gifting a local massage session for an Atlanta-based friend, or for a family member who is in town for the holidays, you can give them an experience that will truly make a positive difference in their lives. Not sure who in your family or circle of friends would want a massage? Read on to learn more about how a massage can benefit everyone on your holiday list.
Gifting the Experience of Massage to Everyone on Your Holiday List
When it comes to gifting experiences, massage is an ideal option for lots of different types of people. From first-timers to massage regulars, anyone appreciate the gift of massage, especially during the hectic holiday season. Here are a few people on your holiday list who might appreciate the gift of massage:
- The college student. College students are notoriously hard to buy for — especially those who barely have room in their dorm for their bed and books, much less a pile of holiday gifts — so they are ideal candidates for experiential gifts. After a tough semester of studying, they are guaranteed to appreciate a relaxing massage.
- The busy mom or dad. Being a parent is tough — especially during the holidays, when the kids are out of school and parents have even more obligations than usual. Between holiday parties, shopping for gifts, work commitments, community events, and family gatherings, many parents are thoroughly exhausted by the time New Year’s Eve rolls around. The holiday gift of massage can give parents a break from the chaos and an opportunity to rejuvenate in advance of the coming year.
- The yoga enthusiast. If you have a friend you loves yoga, you might want to think about giving them the gift of Thai Massage. This unique massage modality takes the form of an assisted yoga session, in which a therapist manipulates the body into different poses and applies gentle pressure. It offers a relaxing and revitalizing experience for yoga lovers at any level. Plus, for busy yoga enthusiasts who didn’t have a chance to get to the studio as often as they had hoped during the holiday rush, it can be a great way to ease back into exercise in the new year.
- The expectant momma. If someone on your holiday gift list is expecting a new addition in 2018, you might want to give the gift of prenatal massage. These days, more expectant mothers are looking to stay fit throughout their pregnancy, and massage works as a passive form of exercise by increasing circulation. It also promotes both physical and mental relaxation, which can help an expectant mother wind down after a hectic holiday season.
- The committed career woman or man. A challenging, fast-paced job can be exciting and rewarding, but it can also be stressful on both the mind and the body. For the friend who is passionate about their career, a massage can provide an excellent opportunity to celebrate their accomplishments in 2017 and gear up for success in the new year.
- The competitive (or recreational) athlete. If you have a friend or family member who toes the line at the Jingle Bell Run like it’s an Olympic final, giving them the gift of massage is a great idea. Massage supports muscle recovery after tough workouts, and it can also help an athlete manage the regular aches and pains associated with hard exercise. Thus, a massage can help your friend or family member get ready for victory in 2018.
If you want to gift the experience of massage this year, look no further than Atlanta Chiropractic and Wellness. We offer multiple massage modalities that can meet the needs of anyone on your holiday list, and we offer massage at a price that is affordable for you as a gift-giver. Contact us today for more information!